Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

His Ways ARE Perfect

A year ago at this time we were living on the Navajo Reservation in Arizona.  We were helping with building projects, VBS', visitations, church cleaning, babysitting, etc. 

A year ago at this time, I wouldn't allow myself to think of where I would be one year from then.  We waited such a long time to get here {Australia}, it's hard for me to think of what I was feeling a year ago.  Feelings of peace and comfort, knowing we were where God wanted us at the time.  Feelings of uncertainty and fear, not knowing what the future held.

Sometimes I wish we could have a little glimpse into the future.  Sometimes I'm glad God doesn't allow that.

I am thankful I serve a God Who sees into the future, and gives me what I need for that moment in time, nothing more, nothing less.  He has His plans laid out for us, and it's our job to follow those plans, not to get ahead, not to lag behind, but walk step by step, hand in hand, with Him.

Sometimes I find it quite surreal.  Last night for example, I was sitting on the right side of my car driving down the left side of the road to a home where seven Australian ladies gathered for a Bible study.  What an awesome privilege it is to serve our God!  I am so humbled that He chose me.

In saying that, I do not take the privilege of sharing God's Word lightly.  Every Bible study I lead, every Sunday School class I teach, every sermon my husband preaches, is bathed in much prayer!  I pray I continue this for the rest of my life.  I never want to take God's power or His Word for granted.  It's so easy to rely in our own strength and have a prideful heart.  I want God to shine so brightly through my life that I cannot be seen. 


It's not about me, it's about Him

He must increase, I must decrease.

All for Jesus.



Photobucket

No comments: