Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Walk Down Memory Lane



For whatever reason, last Sunday I pulled out this bin of old letters and cards and started reading them.  Oh, the memories!  I found a letter from my Aunt Joann from 1986...I was 6 years old!

I found letters from camp friends, cards for my 16th birthday, my high school graduation, my bridal shower, our wedding, my college graduation, Autumn's baby shower, Autumn's birth, Cody's birth, letters from my husband while we were dating, letters and cards from our supporting churches, and more!  I even kept a napkin from a friend's wedding, and the bubbles from our wedding (it's an empty container, of course)!

I don't think I'm a "pack rat", I'm just sentimental!  I had so much fun looking through all these letters and cards.  I guess the reason I was going through the bin is to add to them the collection of letters and cards that we've received since we arrived in Australia. 

It was such a sweet reminder that we are well loved and well prayed for!  Thank you to all our friends, family, and supporting church!

2 comments:

enthusiastically, dawn said...

Like finding unexpected treasure...so sweet!

Jolene said...

I love doing this from time to time too! Memories are such a special gift.

And, I just noticed that I am 2 years older than you. :-)