Pages

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

My Holiday - Day 1 & 2

Last month, I was able to take a trip to Sydney with a good friend of mine.  Our main purpose was to attend the Mum Heart Conference, but we went a few days before the conference to explore Sydney.  Because I have so many photos of our trip, I'm going to post them in a few different blog posts.

Day 1

I landed at the Sydney domestic airport on Tuesday morning, Kristine was arriving at the international airport an hour or so later, so I went over there to meet her.  We then took the train from the airport to our hotel.  After settling in, we decided to walk down to Circular Quay.  Being the great tour guide that I am we walked out of the hotel and turned right.  After about an hour and me constantly saying "I didn't think it was this far," I saw a sign that said "Airport".  I quickly realised, we should've went left from the hotel.  Oh well, we enjoyed the walk and seeing that part of Sydney.  We made our way down to Darling Harbour and had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe.  We sat outside to enjoy the view (and avoid the loud music).  Besides being nearly attacked by seagulls who wanted our food so badly, we enjoyed our meal and the view.



After lunch we walked over to the Sea Life Sydney Aquarium.  We bought the 5 attraction pass so we were able to do all the attractions at a great price.  This is my third time visiting this aquarium.  It amazes how it doesn't look big from the outside, but there is so much to see and do inside.



I took lots of selfies for the kids.



The view from our hotel.




Day 2

I love waking up in hotels.

On our second day we made our way down to Circular Quay to see the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge.  We took a ton of photos and enjoyed lunch by the Opera House.


Again, trying to avoid being attacked by seagulls.

For fun we took the ferry from Circular Quay to Darling Harbour.
Then we used our next attraction pass to see Madame Tussauds Wax Museum.



"Crikey!"



Baking with Chef Curtis Stone!

After the wax museum we went to watch the sunset from the Sydney Tower Eye.




And then had a lovely dinner at Vapiano's.
This was the cutest Italian restaurant and they made the food right in front of us.

Days 3 & 4 coming soon!




No comments: