Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Anzac Day

Yesterday was Anzac Day in Australia, it's much like Memorial Day and Veteran's Day in America.  Anzac stands for Australia New Zealand Army Corps.  Click here for more history about it.  I love anything patriotic.  Independence Day was always a highlight of the year for me.  I'm a dork and will cry at parades when I see the soldiers pass by.


Our little town of Katherine did a great job with their parade, or march as they were calling it.  Here are a few photos...




The town mayor standing on a table greeting people as they passed by during the parade.
Guess this is tradition because we saw this in Darwin.

F/A 18a Hornets passing over!



A great crowd of people!

After the parade every walked to the memorial site and they held a service there.
They opened with prayer and closed with Psalm 23.





I really enjoyed the Anzac Day parade and memorial service.

Having a brother in the Army Reserves and one praying about going into the Army, it's become much more personal to me.   I am thankful for the men and woman who have given their lives for our freedoms.  I am glad we take out days like this to remember them.


No comments: