Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Cleaning Schedule

For years I have struggled with getting into a routine of cleaning.  I made schedules and lists, but with all our traveling they never worked.  But now we are settled, and besides occasional trips to Katherine (a small outback town about 3 hours south) we are home almost everyday.

I made a nice schedule on Microsoft Word.  I first wrote out a list of things that needed to be done weekly, then I diveded them up into the days that were most important they get done.  I print out a blank schedule every weekend, then plan for my week.  It really has been a huge help. 

I also have a monthly deep cleaning list.  I just take one or two items a week off that list, and put them into my schedule.  This way something that is often forgotten until spring cleaning gets done once a month.

I've used this since early January, and it's been great.  I think knowing that for example every Tuesday I clean the bathrooms, keeps me motivated.  I do just a little bit everyday.  There are chores that are not on the list that I do everyday, such as kitchen clean up after supper.  It's something I know I have to do, and make it a goal to have a clean kitchen every night before bed.

I love schedules and routines.  I'm sure my brother is rolling his eyes at this post, but thanks for reading anyway, Josh!  Love you.


No comments: