Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Desiring God



What a powerful series by John Piper. I am fairly new to him, so I didn't know what to expect. Maybe it's better to start fresh. I loved the quote at the end of every session - "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him."  (I do, however, plan to read up on him, as I'm thinking I may not agree with him on everything.)

John Piper explains to us how we were created for HIS glory. Our life doesn't have to be dull and boring, we can have true joy in Christ. I think of the verse in Psalm 37:4 - "Delight thyself also in the Lord and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." (KJV)

The idea for this DVD study guide is for personal or group Bible study. Personally, I probably would've gotten more out of it had I beed in a group, but it was still a blessing.  Also, I've never read the actual book Desiring God.  That may be more profitable, as well.

The sessions on the DVD are all less than 30 minutes. You are to do the Study Guide throughout the week then watch the session on the DVD, there is a small section in the book to fill out while watching the DVD.

I would recommend this book and dvd series to anyone desiring a closer relationship with God, which honestly should be all Christians.

I was offered to review this DVD and study guide for free by WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group  The review though is my own. 

No comments: