Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Waiting

What does God tell us about waiting? I've been doing a Bible Study on a few words - wait, peace, tears, prayer, fasting, and words. I thought I'd share some verses on waiting with you today.
2 Chronicles 20:12 - "...neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee."
Philippians 4:7 - "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Isaiah 26:3-4 - "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:"
Isaiah 30:7, 18 - "...Their strength is to sit still...blessed are they that wait for him."
Isaiah 40:28-31 - "Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."
Psalm 37:34 - "Wait on the Lord, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land."
Do you have a favorite verse on waiting? Please share it.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Isaiah 46:9-11 ~ Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose. What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do.

I like this passage because even though I wait (impatiently!), I can rest in the KNOWING that He has a plan. And it will be accomplished.