Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11 - Where Were You?

I was home, Patrick was at Bible college, and we just got 3 foster kids who were in school. My neighbor came over and said a plane just hit the twin towers. I had no idea what she was talking about. We didn't get channels on our tv, so I walked across the street to the library to check the internet. I remember crossing the street and there were no people or cars anywhere. It was eery.

I couldn't find much online, so I went over to my neighbor's and watched tv with her. I had tried calling Patrick, but I only got an operater. He wasn't too far from DC.

Thankfully my family was safe that day. But I know there were many who were affected by this, and today we stop to remember those people who died.

I remember that for a few short weeks after 9/11 that everyone was Christian. Everyone was nice to each other. We all seemed to remember there was a God.

Sadly people went back to their old ways, which of course if they never truly believed that would be expected. But for a brief moment there was peace in our country.

My prayer for America is that people would turn to God, love God, love others...and may that start with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember being home, very sick (pregnant) ~ I woke up and went in the living room where Chris was watching and I saw as the 2nd plane hit...will never forget!
~Chrissy~