Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

No Comment

I just finished reading a secular book this week. I am not a big fan of secular writing or a big fan of fiction. Sorry to all those Janette Oak fans. I prefer to read biographies or books on being a better Christian, mom, wife, etc.

I must say I was a bit disappointed in this book, maybe it's because I don't often read secular fiction books. There were a few curse words and a few other questionable things, which I probably should of stopped reading it, but then I'd be wondering what happened. I guess it's not necessarily the writer's fault I didn't like it, I think I was more disappointed because of the ending.

I like happy endings. I know biographies are real and they don't necessarily have a happy ending, but this was a fiction book, you can make whatever you want to happen happen. So, why would you end it with a sad ending?! Ughhhhh!

Because I wouldn't recommend it (not just because of the sad ending), I'm not doing a review of it, but I did want to post and say I read another book. I'm going to pick out another book tonight to start reading, but this one is going to have a happy ending!

By the way, the only fictional series that I would recommend is The Elsie Dinsmore Series. I absolutely love those books. They're historical fiction. My pastor's wife asked me to read the first one for our church library, and I loved it so much I read the first 12. I recently bought them for Autumn. I'm hoping once we're settled in Australia and can actually have all our books out on shelves that we'll starting reading those together.

No comments: