Pages

Friday, May 19, 2017

"She is with the Lord"

Thank you all for praying for Jane.  I've been encouraged with notes and messages from people saying they are praying.  It has taken me a few days to even write this blog post.  

On Sunday (Mother's Day), I spent the afternoon between the hospital and the women's crisis centre.  I had planned to go back to the hospital Monday morning sometime.  I woke up on Monday and went for my walk, I was feeling a bit sorry for myself for not having a relaxing Mother's Day and that we probably wouldn't be able to go out for our anniversary, when I got a call from one of our church ladies saying "She is with the Lord".  The rest of my walk was done with tears streaming down my face while I was just angry with my selfish self.  I had an amazing opportunity to sit with a lady who is having marriage problems, give her a new Bible, share Scripture with her, and invite her to come to church.  Then I spent time with family, praying with them while they are hurting as they say goodbye to a loved one.  And here I was feeling sorry for myself.  I didn't have a relaxing Mother's Day or Anniversary, but I did have opportunity to share the love of Christ with others and that's far more important than anything else.  I am grateful the Lord uses a broken vessel like me.

After I got back from my walk, we went to the hospital and sat with the family.  They asked my husband to pray. We all gathered around the body and my husband prayed.  I heard movement and I looked up to see her husband bending over kissing her face through the blanket that was pulled over her, I couldn't help but shed more tears.  What a special site I will never forget.  I am thankful for this lovely lady and the encouragement and strength she has been to me and my family.  I can't wait to see her again in Heaven someday!


There is coming a day when no heartaches shall come
No more clouds in the sky, no more tears to dim the eye.
All is peace forevermore on that happy golden shore,
What a day, glorious day that will be. 

Chorus
What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be. 

There'll be no sorrow there, no more burdens to bear,
No more sickness, no pain, no more parting over there;
And forever I will be with the One who died for me,
What a day, glorious day that will be. 

Chorus
What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.
What a day, glorious day that will be!




(On a side note, when an Indigenous person passes away, they don't say their name for a period of time for fear of bringing back their spirit.  A Christian indigenous person knows this is not true, but out of respect for their unsaved loves ones during this time, they don't say the name.)


No comments: