Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sharing My Heart...


As I get older I am finding certain Scripture passages hold more meaning.  I guess that happens as life happens.  

Several weeks ago a lady in our church called and requested prayer for her husband who was being admitted to the hospital.  A short time later he was diagnosed with cancer.  Two Saturdays ago she called to let us know she had shared the gospel with him (as she had done many times before) and he accepted Christ as his Savior.  Things took a turn for the worse this past week, and Friday morning he went home to be with the Lord.  All I kept thinking of was this verse:



We had rejoiced with her when her husband accepted the Lord and we cried with her when he passed away.  And of course, are rejoicing that he is completely healed and in Heaven now with Jesus.

There are parts to being a pastor's wife that I'm not a big fan of.  Hospitals visits are one.  I have been to the hospital to visit people more in the past 5 years than I have in my entire life.  On Friday I sat with my friend as she sat next to her husband's body.  I shared some Scripture with her and prayed with her, but mainly I just sat and cried with her.  

Life is hard, but I am so thankful for good friends God sends along the way to do life with. God is good all the time, and He makes no mistakes.







No comments: