Pages

Friday, July 10, 2015

A Church Update

I thought I'd give an update on our church.  Things have been going well, and it's exciting to see what the Lord is doing.  We recently got a new sign for the church.  We've heard from many people in the community that they've noticed how well-kept the church has been.  It's encouraging that people are noticing!

 
Kid's Club has been fantastic lately!  Last week we had 30 kids, including 5 teenage boys.  They listened so well.  I'm always amazed at how well behaved they are.  I'm starting a new series of lessons on the fruit of the Spirit.  Last week we talked about sin and salvation.  We discussed how an apple tree bears apples, an orange tree bears oranges, and a Christian should bear the fruits of the Spirit.  Each week we are going to discuss a fruit of the Spirit, and we are going to encourage the kids to work on showing that fruit throughout the week.  I can't wait to see how the Lord is going to work!!   I made these little goody bags filled with runts for the kids with our memory verse on it. 
 
 
Thank you all for your prayers.  It's so exciting to finally be here where we dreamed of for so long.  Many of you prayed with us while we waited on our visas, and now you get to see the fruit of those prayers.  It's hard to believe we've been here for over three and half years.  God is good!

We have recently started a prayer meeting for the adults, and will soon be starting a monthly ladies fellowship.  Things are happening!
 
I'll leave you with a photo of me and two of our kids from church.    
 
 
 

No comments: