Pennsylvania Dutch Slippery Chicken Pot Pie was a regular meal in my home growing up. We've had it with ham, beef, and chicken. I recently saw a discussion on facebook where someone asked for the recipe. I looked it up online and couldn't find much. So I thought I'd share my simplified version.
Meat (chicken, beef, or ham)
Salt and Pepper
- Bring broth to a boil, add onions, celery, carrots, and potatoes.
- In a separate pan cook chicken until no longer pink, then add to the pot with vegetables.
- Let cook for several hours.
- 20 minutes before serving add noodles. (My dad always made homemade noodles, and I do as well, but sometimes it gets busy and store bought noodles do the trick.)
- Season well with salt and pepper. I also add whatever other seasonings that seems to strike my fancy.