Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Simple Pennsylvania Dutch Slippery Chicken Pot Pie


Pennsylvania Dutch Slippery Chicken Pot Pie was a regular meal in my home growing up.  We've had it with ham, beef, and chicken.   I recently saw a discussion on facebook where someone asked for the recipe.  I looked it up online and couldn't find much.  So I thought I'd share my simplified version.


Ingredients:

Meat (chicken, beef, or ham)
Broth
Onions
Celery
Carrots
Potatoes
Pasta
Salt and Pepper

  • Bring broth to a boil, add onions, celery, carrots, and potatoes.  
  • In a separate pan cook chicken until no longer pink, then add to the pot with vegetables.
  • Let cook for several hours.
  • 20 minutes before serving add noodles.  (My dad always made homemade noodles, and I do as well, but sometimes it gets busy and store bought noodles do the trick.)
  • Season well with salt and pepper.  I also add whatever other seasonings that seems to strike my fancy.





No comments: