Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Sorry for the silence around here...

 
 
When we moved from Pennsylvania to Darwin, NT, Australia, I thought that would be the biggest and hardest move of my life.  Time has a way of helping you forget things, so I could be wrong, but this feels like the biggest and hardest move I've ever done.  It was a month of "if it can go wrong, it will."  I am just plain exhausted!
 
We are finally living in Katherine, which is about 300km south of Darwin.  We will still travel to Darwin every Sunday for church, and my husband will go up once a week for church needs.  We officially moved in last Monday, and the kids were begging to put up the Christmas tree.  I love Christmas, and couldn't wait any longer either.  So, we moved boxes aside and decorated for Christmas. 
 
I am still unpacking and organizing.  I think I have about 5 boxes left.  My husband says I have an illness with having to have everything unpacked and cleaned in just a few days.  I don't think I'm that extreme.  well, maybe.
 
It has been incredibly hot around here.  It seems it's averaging 100F (38C) with 50% humidity.  The kids are enjoying our bathtub (our last house only had showers), until we get our pool and fence up.
 
We still don't have internet hooked up.  We moved into an older house and the phone line isn't working, so someone is supposed to come out this week and fix it.  Until then I am using the free wifi at McDonalds, and the internet at the library (wish that was free).
 
Once we have internet in our house, I promise to post some photos of our new home.  God has been so good to us.  We have a 1/2 acre block, the kids and our dog are loving all the room to run around.  And Patrick is enjoying fixing up his new garage.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Stephanie Warren said...

Hi Jen, I too am from the US (VA) but living in South Australia. I also homeschool 4 out of our 6 children, the oldest 2 have graduated already. Just wanted to stop by and say hello! Small world :)
God Bless,
Stephanie