Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Thankfulness



Do you know how difficult it can be in September when you live in the Tropics and everyone is posting pumpkin picking pictures (how's that for a tongue twister!) on facebook?  I do love me some fall.  I just love the season and the changing to cooler temps, watching the leaves turn colours,  picking pumpkins, decorating our front porch, etc.  I get a bit homesick in September.  September for us is when our dry season (beautiful temps) changes to the wet season (hot, humid, and lots of rain). 
 
A week or so ago, I decided to pull out my fall decorations.  I was going to just decorate in November for Thanksgiving, I don't want these Aussies to think I'm nuts (the seasons are opposite here, so in southern Australia fall would be March-May, although the don't decorate much for holidays here), but I couldn't help myself.  I now have my fake pumpkins and scarecrows displayed throughout my house.
 
I was explaining to a friend how we would decorate our house in America with pumpkins, hay bales, corn stalks, Indian corn, and mums. The photo at the top is of our house in the fall in Pennsylvania.  Isn't it beautiful? 
 
So, this friend, knowing how much I love fall, found me the most orange pumpkin she could find (most are just green here and not for decoration purposes at all) and tied it with green ribbon and gave it to me at Bible Study tonight.  I nearly cried.  What a lovely gift!
.
I'm so thankful for the friends God has brought me here.
 
 
 
 

No comments: