Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

I Don't Like Goodbyes

When we arrived in Australia, I was feeling a bit lonely.  I prayed and asked God to give me a good friend.  I met Elissa last January at a homeschool get together.  We made small talk and exchanged numbers and that was that.  Until a few months later, I can't remember who called who, but we arranged a playdate with the kids at her house.  We completely hit it off, and I knew, as she later told me that we were 'kindred spirits'.
 
We started a ladies Bible study together.  Her family started attending our church.  We spent lots of time together.  I was so happy to have another homeschooling mom as a friend.
 
Last month she told me that the Lord was calling her family to begin preparing for ministry.  Although I was so excited for them, I knew this meant they would be moving.  I came home and cried.  We soaked up our last few weeks together, going to the waterpark, museums, parks, baking Christmas cookies, etc.
 
Yesterday they came by our house to say their final goodbyes.  Lots of tears were shed (and even some now as I'm typing).  They are going to prepare themselves for the work God has for them, I pray that the Lord will allow our paths to cross again.  Maybe even allow us to work together!
 
For now I am just so thankful for the time we had together, for the friendship that the Lord knew I needed, and for the blessing she was to me.
 
Thanks, Elissa.  I'm praying for you, and love you, dear friend.
 
 
Oh, and I'd so appreciate your prayers for Autumn.
Elissa and her husband had 5 beautiful children whom Autumn adored.
She is missing them greatly.
 
 
 
 

No comments: