Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Homeschooling - Kindergarten and Grade 5

 
This month is going so fast, and I can't seem to get a handle on it.  During the school holidays our local library does a program for the kids.  It's wonderful, BUT it's everyday, and my kids don't want to miss a single one.  On top of that I lead a ladies Bible study on Monday, Thursday nights we have a family Bible study in our home, Fridays (every other) we have our homeschool co-op.  So, with all that and other ministry things going on, I'm feeling a bit flat-out at the moment.
 
Next week I need to begin my lesson plans.  We are starting February 4.  Most schools here start on January 28, but that week we have to fly to Sydney to update our kid's passports.  I'm considering that our back to school field trip!
 
Autumn is going into grade 5 and Cody will be starting Kindergarten.  Ahhhhh!  How did this happen!  :)  We went back to school shopping last week, and got the necessary items to get started fresh.  I have all the curriculum sorted and organized.  All I need to do is sit down and work on lesson plans.  I'll update soon with our curriculum choices.
 
Our local homeschool group has decided to start a co-op.  Today was our first one, and we will continue to meet every other Friday.  We are going to all be doing Apologia Science - Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day.  We also have a homeschooling mom who is a former art teacher.  She has offered to teach art classes.  I'm really excited about it.  Looks like it will be a good year.
 
Sorry things have been sparse here on my blog.  It's just been so crazy around here.  A good crazy though!
 

 
 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hope this school year is awesome! What a special treat and blessing to have extra classes for the kids. Sounds like you do a great job and keeping school fun!