Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Hershey's Peanut Butter Blossoms


 
We had a friend visit America and he brought us some hershey kisses with the condition that we made him Peanut Butter Blossoms.  This recipe is from the Hershey website.  The only substitution I made was I used butter rather than shortening.  Shortening is not the same here as it is in the states, but even switching to butter they tasted wonderful.
 
Ingredients:
48 Hershey's Kisses
1/2 cup shortening (I used butter)
3/4 cup Reese's creamy peanut butter (I used kraft, no Reese's here, sadly)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Additional granulated sugar
 
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375F.  Remove wrappers from chocolates.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. 
Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar, beat until fluffy. 
Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. 
Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls.  Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.  Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie;  cookie will crack around edges.  Removed from cookie sheet to wire rack.  Cool completely.  About 4 dozen cookies. 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Barbie said...

YUM! I love those cookies! I am thinking of making some myself, but instead of using peanut butter I think I will use the snickerdoodle cookie recipe, and just add the Hershey's kisses.