Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

I met the Money Saving Mom!

On Crystal Paine's blog - The Money Saving Mom - she mentioned she was doing a reader meet-up in Harrisburg yesterday.  I immediately signed up for it, and was excited to find out I was one of the first 50 who signed up.  She had such a huge response.  We were allowed to bring a friend, so I invited my bestie, Julie. 

I've been reading Money Saving Mom for probably four years.  She was one of the first blogs I started reading.  I learned all about coupons and budgeting from her.  So I was excited to meet her in person yesterday.  She was speaking at the Relevant Conference in Harrisburg, so it was quite a tease to go into the hotel and see signs for the conference and even see other famous bloggers, like Ann who wrote One Thousand Gifts.

So here are a few photos from our day...

We played an ice breaker game and you had to go around and have people sign your paper.  The paper had things like someone who never uses coupons, someone who has a blog, someone who has made their own laundry detergent, etc.  Julie was quite famous because she doesn't use coupons, I think she was the only one there who doesn't use coupons!   Our table was done first so we all won a gift card for Starbucks!
Then we played another game where we had to make a coupon binder.
Here's ours. We didn't win.
Then the Swag!
Yes, we got Swag!!

There was free samples of rice, a copy of All You magazine, a copy of  Home Education Family, #5 and #6 of the Imagination Station Series, The Well Planned Day, The Student Planner, and the Daily planner, and some coupons!! 

As we were leaving we heard there was a book table set up for people at the Relevant Conference, so we snuck in!  Dayspring was selling books for $5 each!  They also had One Thousand Gifts for $5, but these are what I picked up.  And yes, I know our crate left yesterday, yes, I know I have to fit these in my suitcase, but I'm okay with that.  Who can resist $5 books? 
It was such a fun time.  After the meet-up, Julie and I went to the Outback Steakhouse, my favorite restaurant.  So thankful for good friends.

2 comments:

Chris and Carole said...

It sounds like you're making many wonderful memories to take with you to Australia!

What a fun day! I'll have to check out her blog...not sure how it will help me here in Greenland, but I love finding new blogs. :-)

Rhoda said...

Hi, it's lovely to meet you. I have the same problem with Christian books - I find them very hard to resist! I hope your move goes well - everyone I've talked to that has been in Australia loves it :)