Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

A Tribute to My Dad

I'm not sure if it's the distance, having my brother here, or just because it's Father's Day, but I sure am missing my daddy today.  I talked to him a bit tonight before he left for his morning church service (we're 13.5 hours ahead of EST).  I thought I'd share a few things about my dad.  

Me and my daddy (1979)

  • My dad is one of the most faithful people I know.  Growing up we were at every church service, no excuses.  I don't think he has ever missed a day of work.  When he tells someone he's going to do something, he will.
  • My dad is loving.  He puts others before himself.  All the time.  
  • My dad is caring.  Someone needs something and he can give it, he will.  
  • My dad is supportive.  I remember when Patrick and I began dating and I told dad that Patrick was called to Australia, I asked him how he felt about it.  He told me he would rather me in the middle of the Outback in God's will than living next door to him out of God's will.  He also reminded me of this later when one of my brothers was deployed to Iraq.
  • My dad sacrificed a lot for me and my brothers.  He put us through Christian school.  That's not cheap!  I'm know he gave up a lot so that we could have a Christian education.
  • My dad is loyal.  My dad has endured some very difficult situations.  I'm so blessed to have his example.
  • My dad is unselfish.  He never ceases to amaze me with stories he tells me of things he's done for others.  He doesn't tell me to brag, but just in telling me how life is going there.  One instance was he was given free tickets for Sight and Sound, and he graciously gave them to a friend that couldn't afford it, and he paid for his own tickets to go.  He does stuff like this all the time.
I could go on, but it's obvious that I have a wonderful dad.  He does drive me crazy, you can ask my brothers about the incident in the parking lot of where we were to board our cruise, or the Pizza Hut manager when he was overcharged, or have listened in to a conversation with him and my uncle Bobby (who passed away 2 years ago) when each of them was adamant they were right.  Fun times!  Although he does drive me crazy at time, I couldn't ask for a better father.

Thanks, dad, for always being there for me, for supporting me, encouraging me, loving me, and praying for me.

My dad, me, and my nephew, Ayden (2012)

Thought I'd share a video that is special to me.


No comments: