Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Good-byes

Good-byes are not easy.  The closer to our departure date, the harder it gets.  This past weekend we were able to visit some friends from college.  Laura and Ed were engaged a few months after us and married a few months after us.  We've kept in touch all these years.  Laura is one of my closest friends.  When we get together, which only happens a few times a year, we pick up where we left off.  She loves to talk as much as I do.  You'd be amazed at how much talking we got in this weekend!!  Laura is a godly pastor's wife.  I am so blessed to call her my friend.  She is fun to be with and is always encouraging.

Here is Ed and Patrick playing guitar.
Me & Laura 

This weekend we also got to visit with some other friends from college Chris and Chrissy.  We went to school with Chris, and Chrissy came after we left.  But through Laura we've become good friends.  She's another one where we just pick up like we just saw each other the day before.  Chrissy is another godly pastor's wife.  She is a blessing to be around.
Our girls are about the same ages,
and always have a great time playing together. 
Cody had a blast driving around "Lightning McQueen".
I don't think Dale Earnhart would mind! 
I am so blessed with good, godly friends who encourage me in my walk with the Lord.
Thanks for a great weekend, ladies!
God is good.  I am blessed!


5 comments:

Chris and Carole said...

What a blessing. Love the picture of the three girls and their dolls!
Good-byes are tough. So thankful for this age where we can stay in touch so much easier... though sometimes that's almost as much of a curse as a blessing. :-)

Dawn said...

Thanks, Jen. Looks like you had a great weekend. Goodbyes for a missionary are so bitter-sweet. Each one puts you that much closer to where you long to be, but it's hard to leave those you love behind. I am so excited for you and Patrick!

Jessica Curtis said...

Praying for you as you as you prepare to leave. SO many emotions...excitement over what God has in store and sadness over saying goodbye.

Anonymous said...

looks like Codys in an old Earnhart Jr. car. just correcting

Unknown said...

Love these pictures that you posted. I especially enjoyed the one with you and Chrissy. Chrissy and I were roommates at Northeast Baptist School of Theology. She has been such a blessing in my life. Praise the Lord for the sweet fellowship we can have with other believers. I will be praying for you and your family as you continue to follow the Lord's leading in your lives. :)