Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Count it All Joy

It's been a month of highs and lows for us.  Between getting our visas and our car accident where we were hit by a drunk driver, I've been quite emotional.  Last Wednesday Cody was getting off his bike and fell on the handlebar, the grips have worn off so he fell right on the metal end.  When Patrick brought him into me, I just calmly looked at him and said, "Let's go to the ER."  It was a weird feeling, like so much is going on either I sit here and cry about it or laugh.  So we laughed it off.  It's hard to tell in this picture but he had a deep cut and we had to go to the ER for stitches.  I did cry when they were putting the stitches in and he was screaming for mommy and I couldn't do anything but hold his hands.  It took four adults to hold him down.
We went yesterday to get the stitches out, and it took three adults to hold him down.  It had scabbed over the last stitch so the nurse had to pick the scab.  Anyway, here is a picture I took of him last night after the stitches were taken out.  He fell asleep on the couch like this while they were watching a movie.  It's been an emotional month, but God is good, and we count it all joy!


No comments: