Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Some Thoughts....

Last Tuesday we went on visitations with the church.  Visitations, or soul-winning, is when you go out door-to-door inviting people to church and share the Gospel.  We drove down this long dusty lane, one that most regular cars wouldn't dare travel on.  Down this long dusty road, was a small group of hogans and trailors.  We went to the one hogan and a lady was standing outside.  Her name was Marie.  My partner, Tirzah, introduced us and began inviting her to church.  Before we left, Tirzah asked Marie a question.  "If you were to die tonight, do you know where you would spend eternity?" 
Marie said no.  Tirzah explain God's simple plan of salvation, and with tears in her eyes Marie quietly bowed her head and accepted Jesus as her own personal Savior!  Praise the Lord!  Autumn was with us, and this is the first she has witnessed someone getting saved, other than herself.  She was so happy.  We were even more excited when she came to church on Sunday and was baptized.  That's her in the photo above!  I know I've said it many times, but God is doing something great out here on the rez, and I'm so thrilled to be witnessing it.  Churches around the United States are dead.  There is no fire, in some God is not even there.  Patrick and I have been so encouraged to see people so on fire for the Lord. 


This little guy to the right is Isaac.  Last week his dad, who is currently laid off, wanted to do some work around the property, so I babysat him and his sisters so that his dad could help my husband with some building projects.  There were a few days when I thought I was going to go crazy with 5 kids running around the house, but my husband reminded me that because I gave up my days to babysit, their dad was able to be a blessing around the church.  It changed my perspective, and I was ashamed I even allowed myself to get overwhelmed. 

I have been so content here.  It hasn't always been easy, the kids haven't always been well behaved.  I've been a little homesick, I've been a little lonely.  But I'm content.  It has helped with the waiting.  I know God will allow us to get to Australia.  I just wish I knew when.  It's all in HIS perfect timing.  So in the meantime, I feel so blessed that He has allowed us to be a part of this ministry on the Navajo Nation.  I'll leave you with a photo of my kids.  God is good.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

God is so good! My husband and I have been in many conversations lately about our "dead" church, glad to know people are still allowing Him to work across the country!