Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Sunday Blessings...

As believers I think we've gotten away from the importance of Sundays.  God created the world in six days and on the seventh day He rested.  I know some people say their day of rest is Saturday (not necessarily for worship, but for rest).  But I often wonder, do we really set aside a day of rest?  I've been convicted about this since I read a fiction series called Elsie Dinsmore a few years back.  It is hard to set aside an entire day to rest, but I plan to work on setting aside Sunday to rest and worship God to the best of my ability.  This does not necessarily mean we won't eat out or watch a movie (although on Sundays we try not to turn on the television), but I do plan to make an effort to set Sunday aside to spend more time worshipping the Lord and praising Him through my blog and my life in general.

With that said on Sundays I will be posting my Sunday blessings, and I encourage you to do the same.  We serve an amazing God, let's give him glory!

"O praise the Lord, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people.
For his merciful kindness is great toward us:
and the truth of the Lord endureth for ever.
Praise ye the Lord."
Psalm 117


No comments: