Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Missionary Monday

We had another wonderful Sunday yesterday.  It is so great to be involved in a ministry that is thriving.  It's also great to hear good, meaty sermons every week with the alter full afterwards.  Every Sunday at lunch Patrick and I are always discussing what we learned from the message.  I know that we've only been here a short time and can be considered in the honeymoon stage, if that's so, then I'm still thankful to have been a part of this.  But I do know that we've been coming here for over a year (this is our 4th family trip) and every church service has been great!

Every Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Wednesday evening they run van routes.  (Above is a photo of just a portion of those who come to church because of the van ministry.)  I'm always amazed at the faithful of van/bus workers.  My dad and brothers have ran a bus every Sunday morning for probably over 15 years now.  I can can't on one hand when my dad has missed a Sunday driving the bus.  I'm thankful for the faithfulness of these hard workers.  Many times their (all bus/van workers) dedication goes unnoticed, but today I just want to say "THANK YOU!". 

This week we're heading down to HOT Yuma.  We'll spend a few days there helping them prepare for their Vacation Bible School next week.  This is another church that has a bus ministry.  The pastor runs one bus route and his wife runs another.  They do this for Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Wednesday evening.  They'll also do it every night for Vacation Bible School.  Keep us in prayer as well travel this week (it's about an 8 hour drive to Yuma).  Have a great week everyone!!

No comments: