Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Bible in 90 Days

About three years ago I read my Bible through in a year.  I feel that I had a "spiritual" growth spurt that year.  I had decided to take the next year off, not from reading my Bible daily, but from reading it through.  Then I took another year off.  I had wanted to do it again this year, but never got around to it, I'm ashamed to say.

I've been noticing that some other blogs are joining in reading "The Bible  in 90 Days" (that's a link for the reading schedule).  They started this past Monday, and I felt the Lord telling me to join it, but I made an excuse...I didn't have a printer to print out the schedule.  Well, my husband needed a printer for printing our car job receipts and his sermons (we didn't bring ours along from home because we didn't think we needed it), so yesterday he went to Wal-Mart and bought a cheap-o printer.  I hadn't told him of my excuse, but now that I no longer have an excuse I printed out the schedule and plan to start today.  I'm excited about it and am praying that I will stick to it.  If I start today, I'll have it finished before we leave for Australia!

3 comments:

Dusty (To the Moon and Back) said...

I am participating in the challenge as well! So far, I'm keeping up! I hope that you will stick through it as well! Blessings to you!

Anna Payne said...

I also have been thinking of doing this for a while. I first got the schedule back in college and wanted to do it, but never have. Looks I'm starting in too. :) I really believe it would be helpful in my spiritual walk.

Chris and Carole said...

Thanks for posting this! I just printed off the schedule. I look forward to doing this!