Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

The Lord has blessed me with a good, godly father.  I heard once that a daughter's view of her Heavenly Father is based on her view of her earthly father.  I posted on facebook this morning that when I think of God I think of faithfulfulness (my dad has been doing the bus ministry at church for over 15 years and has rarely missed a Sunday), forgivenss (my dad is the most forgiving man I know) and love (although I had a rough relationship with my mother growing up, my dad and I were close and I knew I was loved).

I understand that not everyone is blessed with a godly father, and I don't take this lightly.  We are in Arizona and my dad is in Pennsylvania.  It's been a hard day not being able to celebrate with him.  I love you, dad!
I am also blessed to have a wonderful father for my children.  They have a godly example.  It's been amazing here in Arizona to be able to spend so much time as a family serving the Lord together.  My children have been able to see their dad work hard all day serving others.  What a great example!
Happy Father's Day!


No comments: