Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Playing Catch Up...

I had an extremely busy, but extremely good weekend.  Friday morning I got up at 5am and left at 5:30am to pick up my friend, Julie.  We went to CHAP's homeschool convention.  This was my first homeschool convention and I had such a great time.  Here is a photo of all the goodies I got...
See all those pens and pencils?!!  The books on the right were free, the blue bag was free, and the stack of papers and catalogs on the left were free.  I got the pile of books on the left at the used curriculum sale.  And the books and cds in the center are what I bought.  I could have spent another entire day there.  I had such a good time, and it was even better with Julie.  That evening we met up with our husbands and went to the Outback Steakhouse for supper.  We sat there for 3 hours just talking and having fun.  I'm so thankful for my friends.

Saturday morning I spoke on Outer Beauty/Inner Beauty for a Mother/Daughter banquet.  It went well and I had a fun time.  Here is a basket of goodies the ladies gave me.  I've been wanting that Taste of Home cookbook in the back.  There is also shampoo & conditioner, bath & body works stuff, a candle, tupperware, note cards, and more.
Saturday evening we met up with Patrick's brother and his wife.  We went to a nice restaurant.  I was so exhausted from the banquet that it was hard to enjoy the delicious buffet.

Sunday morning my husband preached two good messages.  The Lord moved in the service and two people were saved!!  After church we went to the pastor's house and had a good lunch and time of fellowship with them and their family.  Since Sunday was our actual anniversary we wanted to do something with just the two of us, so we went minature golfing.  Normally my husband and I are equals at this game, but he completely beat me!

It was a good weekend, but I'm exhausted!  We decided to just spend the day at home and relax.  I've been sorting through all the catalogs and info from the homeschool convention.  Lots of good stuff!

No comments: