Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

My First Homeschool Convention

Tomorrow I am leaving at the crack of dawn, or possibly earlier since I have no idea what time the crack of dawn is, to pick up my friend and attend the 25th Christian Homeschool Convention in Harrisburg.  I can't tell you how excited I am.  This has been an extremely rough year of homeschooling for me.  I am looking for new curriculum, but also some encouragement.  I'm hoping to sit in some of the sessions and just soak up the information.

I was not homeschooled, but I attended a Christian school growing up.  I love homeschooling, although I feel my daughter would thrive in a Christian school.  I don't feel adequate to teach her, but I know this is what God would have us to do, so I want to better prepare myself for next year...4th grade!

CHAP (Christian Homeschool Association of PA) has a ton of info on their website about attending the convention.  Their are maps, session info, speaker info, venue info, it can be overwhelming.  That's why I chose to go with a friend.  She's a great, organized, homeschool mom...and as a bonus she's been to the convention before.

This is a busy weekend for us as I am attending the convention, then speaking at a mother/daughter banquet on Saturday, on Sunday my husband is preaching at a church, and Sunday also happens to be our 12th wedding anniversary!

2 comments:

Tiff said...

What a busy weekend! Hope you have a wonderful time at the convention and that it can be a refreshing time for you as well! Happy Anniversary!

Savories of life said...

I posted about Mo convention comming up and i hope you can come. Would love you to follow my blog. I am doing a give away of Mr phillips cds when I get 00 followers.