Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Unconditional Love

Sometimes I sit in awe of my great God.  "That God should love a sinner such as I."  His unconditional love astounds me.  I John 1:9 tells us that if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins.  

I sin...I'm sorry, I know you thought I was perfect, but sadly, I am not.  I am a sinner, I sin.  Not always intentionally, but I do sin...we all do.  Yet our all-knowing God still sent His Son to die for me...and you. 

When disciplining my children, I tell them that it hurts mommy when they disobey.

I hurt God when I disobey. 

How easy it is to rush about getting all the "important" things done and then fall into bed realizing you have forgotten to even talk to the Creator that day, let alone read His letter to you.  I do not want to hurt my God, but I do.

But how thankful I am for I John 1:9!  His love...His mercy...His grace.  Wow, I am so undeserving. 

I am so undeserving...yet He loves me like  I was His only child.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Southern California :-)

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You, ~Ron