Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ladies Retreat - Peace and Contentment

This is the 2nd year I've been able to attend the Servant's Heart Camp Ministries' Ladies Retreat (it's their 2nd year in having it, too!).  I had been praying a week or so before the retreat that the Lord would begin working in my heart and changing me.  The Lord did not disappoint.  The topic was Peace and Contentment.
 The retreat was fun, encouraging, and refreshing.  Sometimes in life you just get bogged down.  It happens to the best of us.  There's nothing like some crazy games to mix things up a bit!  Here was a game we played where we were blindfolded and told to draw an object (I had to draw a dog) somewhere specifically on the page.  It was interesting!
 We also made a pumpkin out of a dryer vent.  I'll post the picture soon of mine and the instructions.
 The fall weather was perfect.  We even had a few snow flurries!
 Skit Time!
 Mrs. Fry (Her and her husband run Servant's Heart Camp Ministries.)
 The Fry's daughter, Melissa.
 Their other daughter, Rachelle.
 Darla, the speaker for the weekend.
 My friend Julie, busy mom of 5!  So glad we had the weekend to spend together!
 Here is the group from our church that went.
Julie, Mrs. Mackey (my pastor's wife),
Mrs. Anglea (the assistant pastor's wife), and me.
This weekend was what I needed.  God is good.  I plan to share some of my notes from the retreat in the next few weeks.  But I'll leave you with this...

"Contentment is not an escape from the battle,
it's an abiding peace in the midst of the battle."
- Weirsby

No comments: