Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Bruchko by Bruce Olson

A friend on facebook posted about this book, and I'm a sucker for a good missionary biography. So I put it in my Amazon cart, and waited for enough swagbucks to buy it. (Still haven't signed up for swagbucks? What are you waiting for? Click here!)

This book was all I was hoping it would be...pioneer missions has got to be one of my favorite thigns to read about. Bruce Olsen (aka Bruchko) has an amazing testimony. I love to read about people accepting Christ and getting excited about it!

Then his calling to missions is just as exciting. How the Lord leads him to the Molitone people is amazing. Here is what the back of the book says...

"For Bruce Olsen it meant capture, disease, terror, loneliness, kidnapping, and torture. But what he discovered by trial and error has revolutionized the world of missions. Living with the Motilone Indians since 1961, Olson's efforts have sent a spiritual ripple around the world that reaches deep into the hearts of mission-minded Christians and anthropologists as well as the government of Colombia."

With almost every missionary biography, I recommend this book! I still hold Jungle Pilot as my favorite missionary biography, but this book is in my top 10.

There is a sequal to this book and I have it in my amazon cart. Do you have a favorite missionary biography you'd like to recommend? Let me know!

3 comments:

Carole @ The Top of the World said...

Looks like a good one! I'll have to add it to our lengthy list!

Julia said...

Thanks for sharing about this! I will have to check it out. My favorite missionary bios are The Shadow of the Almighty and Evidence Not Seen. I am sure you have probably read them before.

Be Thou Exalted said...

I love Evidence Not Seen.