Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Pioneer Woman's Comfort Meatballs & Skillet Pineapple Upside Down Cake

We had our family reunion today. So, I made the Pioneer Woman's Pineapple Upside-down Cake. Her recipe calls for it to be made in a cast iron skillet. I don't have a cast iron skillet, but my dad has a pan for pineapple upside down cake.
It turned out so pretty. My dad said the cake was a little heavy, but he normally makes it with a box mix. I got lots of compliments on it.

(I love this pic -below - because of the ladies hugging in the background. Gotta love family reunions, even if I don't know half the people there!)

I also made her Comfort Meatballs. They were kind of falling apart. Not sure if I should have added more oats. I made this last night then put them in the crockpot this morning. I doubled the recipe, and I only had about 4 or 5 left over.
We have another picnic next Saturday, I'm looking forward to making some more Pioneer Woman Recipes.

2 comments:

*Crystal* said...

I LOVE Pineapple Upside Down Cake! And how can you go wrong with the Pioneer Woman! YUMMMM....

Sue said...

That cake looks A-MAZING!