Pages

Friday, October 31, 2008

Geek Squad you disappoint me

Lately our computer has been freezing up on us. It goes all crazy, squiggly lines everywhere. Sometime its after the computer is on for a few hours, or for a few minutes. The bottom feels very hot, so I'm not sure what's going on. I can hear the fan running though. Anyway, I finally called the Geek Squad today. We purchased our laptop from Best Buy in December of 2006, so we still have a few months left on the 2-year warrenty. We were having different problems in February, and they had to send it away to be fixed. It was gone for a month. Let me say that again, I was without a computer for a month!

I was on the phone with Geek Squad today. The "agent" somehow took over my computer. The mouse was moving, letters were being typed, all kids of crazy stuff was going on, but it wasn't me, it was the agent. Kind of neat to watch. Anyway, I was on the phone with her at the same time, but we got disconnected. She then sent me a message telling me to call back at a certain number and dial this extension, but before she could finish...you guessed it, my computer froze! I called the Geek Squad number and explained everything, and this "agent" told me that I don't have the phone warrenty, I have the in-store warrently. And I need to take it to Best Buy. What?! So, basically I wasted a good hour or more of my day!

The frustrating part is that I will take it in to Best Buy and they will send it away to be fixed and I will be without a computer again for who knows how long. Sad, so sad. Why do laptops not last long? I really would just like to get a new one...a new pink one. Yeah, that sounds good.

1 comment:

The Equipped Life said...

I won't even BEGIN telling about OUR experience with Best Buy, the Geek Squad and BestBuy's warranties, because I want to be encouraging, uplifting and okay with God. LOL!

So sorry about your computer. My home computer just proclaimed the dreaded FATAL ERROR remark over the weekend, but thankfully, my husband has a laptop he can
move back and forth from the office to home.