Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

A Tropical Christmas

As my American friends and family begin posting their complaints about the freezing weather on facebook, we are sitting here sweating with temperatures hitting over 100F (40C+) and 80% humidity every. single. day.  I hear them say, at least you have air conditioning (for which I am VERY thankful) or go swimming (although the water is warm and not really refreshing at the moment), and I reply, yes, but you can sit by the fire and wrap up in a warm, snuggly blanket.  The grass is always greener, right?!

Right now it is currently 103F outside, and I am sitting in our air conditioned homeschool room finishing up Christmas shopping online for our family and friends in America.  I have so much I can complain about, but I have so much for which to be thankful.  I am trying hard to dwell on the positives, and ignore the negatives.

We are doing our yearly traditions of decorating the outside and inside of the house.  Making our tropical snowman (out of boxes) and baking Christmas cookies.  Last week our town had a fun Christmas street parade and markets, although it rained for most of it, we had a great time.  Last week our town also held a Carols by Candlelight.  My friend helped organise it and over 1500 people attended.  It was amazing.  I even heard a clear presentation of the Gospel.  God is good.

Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas season!




No comments: