Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Planner Love! Check out my Discagenda by Dokibook!

I am a planner girl at heart.   I've always had some kind of planner.  In the past I would just print off a monthly calendar and write in our plans or I would just have a notebook that I wrote in my to do lists.  Either way it has always been pen and paper for me.  I just don't need one more thing to keep track of on my phone or computer.

Recently I somehow stumbled upon a whole new world of planner girls.  They have hashtags like #plannercommunity #planneraddict #plannergirls #plannerlove #plannersgottaplan and so on.  I was quickly drawn in.  I had never heard of Dokibook or the Happy Planner or Erin Condren.  I had a simple planner that my boss bought me for work.  It was simple, but it got the job done.

I live a bit remote, and although we have a small office supply store in our town, they only have boring black planners or diaries as they call them here.  After oohing and aahing over all these planners on periscope and instagram, I decided to contact Dokibook and asked if she would allow me to do a review for my blog of her planner.  She so graciously sent me a Turquoise Discagenda

Let me just quickly add that Doki is such a wonderful person.  Some things have recently happened to her products, but she has rose to the top and refuses to spread hate.  I cannot wait to see what she has in store for her company, and let me add, I know of one thing she is working on, and you will want to buy it.  I cannot wait for it to come out.

But for now, let me share with you my new Discagenda...

This is my discagenda when it arrived.  It arrived with a few other packages, what a happy day for me!   Opening the package from Doki is part of the fun!  And she gets bonus points from me just for her packaging!

It came in this beautiful box.

And was wrapped with pretty tissue paper.  She even sent matching tab stickers.    The other stickers are to cover over January-April 2016 and make them January-April 2017, so they don't go to waste.  How thoughtful!

Here she is!

Look how beautiful!

It has little pockets on the left for business cards or whatever you would like to put in there, and it also had a side pocket where you can put papers or stickers.  The planner itself can come out of the cover and be carried separately, but why would you?!!

I'll be so kind to show you inside the planner...

There is a page in the beginning for your to write your address and other personal information which is why I didn't post a photo of it.  :)

2016-2017 yearly calendar

There are tabs across the top and down the side that separate the months.

After each monthly planner page, there are weekly planner pages.  The sections are for morning, afternoon, and evening.  Which works great for me.  I use morning for our homeschool stuff, afternoon for appointments or other things going on, and evening for our evening activities.  Genius, I know!

In the back there are recipe pages.

And to do lists.






Here is my planner set up for next week.  I didn't think I would use stickers, but I bought a few sets to see how I'd like them. I've decided I like my planner so much more with pretty stickers! 

There are many great places to buy stickers,
one of my favourites is plannermania.ca
She sells stickers that fit the dokibooks.


All in all, I am so thrilled with my Discagenda by Dokibook.  The quality of the cover is amazing.  It easy to wipe off if it gets dirty.  It's not real leather, but even the feel of it is so nice.  The pages are a good weight.  You won't have to worry about pens bleeding through.  I am really picky about my planner, but I can't think of anything that I would change about this one.  I just love it and want to carry it everywhere and show everyone.  Haha! I'm not weird, I promise.  Well, maybe a little. 

Also, just because I found this fascinating, the word doki in Japanese means the sound your heart makes when it is in love.  How beautiful is that?!



This planner was given to me to review for my blog, but the thoughts and opinions shared here are my own.  Thank you, Doki, for making such a great product!









No comments: