Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Grapevine Studies {TOS Review}



Birth of John to Jesus' Ministry {Grapevine Studies Review}

Birth of John to Jesus' Ministry {Grapevine Studies Review}
Over the past few weeks, the kids and I have been reviewing a fun Bible Study on the Resurrection by Grapevine Studies.  We have used the Resurrection Studies - Multi-Level.  This has been so wonderful as Easter is quickly approaching.    This has given us an excellent opportunity to go through the Scriptures that lead up to the Resurrection. I want my children to know the importance of Easter.  It's not about the bunny, it's about what Christ did for us many years ago.

What I really enjoyed about this program is there is little prep for the teacher (aka me!).  I received an ebook for the beginner level, multi-level, as well as the teacher manual.  I printed these ebooks and then had them binded for easy use.  I read over the introduction and we started right away.

We have used the Grapevine Studies as part of our morning devotions together before we start school.  The kids have really loved doing it together.  Studying the Bible together is something I have worked hard at doing this past year.  I want my children to see the importance of studying God's Word, not just because mom and dad say so, but because that's what God wants us to do.  My son likes to sing the song, "Read your Bible, pray every day, and you'll grow, grow, grow."  There is so much truth there.
My kiddos doing their stick figures.

Grapevine Studies believe that students who are taught using the reading, hearing, and drawing method with have a higher retention rate than those who were just lectured.  They teach the Bible in a chronological and sequential format and believe this is the best for long-term memory.

Here is what you'll need to get started: Your Grapevine Study books (one for the teacher and one for each student), a Bible, a dry erase board or chalk board, colored pencils, a Bible dictionary, and an Atlas of Bible Lands.  We already had all these items around our house, as I'm sure most of you do as well.

Let me explain how the Resurrection Bible Study by Grapevine Studies works.  Each lesson is titled and has a memory verse (another bonus!).  For example, lesson one is titled The Last Supper and the memory verse is Matthew 26:20.  Each lesson is divided into sections which has a Scripture passage to read (it jumps around through all the Gospels), a discussion, and a stick figure drawing.  There is also a section with words to look up in the Bible dictionary, along with the passage of Scripture where the words were used.  At the end of each lesson there is a 2 part review.  The first part is a list of questions to ask to make sure your kids were listening and understood and then part 2 allows them to draw their favourite lesson and recite the Bible verse.  There is also a timeline that the children work on.  This is amazing!  It really helps when putting together the sequence of events up to the time of Christ's death.  We did one lesson each week.  It's suggested that a lesson take 4 days.  My kiddos really enjoyed doing this and sometimes we'd do an entire lesson in one day.






I have really enjoyed doing this study with my children.  The amount of Scripture we have read in the past few weeks together has amazed me.  We are learning so much.  We still have a couple of lessons left, and I will be sad to finish it.  I do plan to use it as a review during the week of Easter, as it will be fresh in our minds.  I've already been thinking about what we'll do next.



My son really struggled to draw this,
he said it made him so sad. 


 
A little snippet of my children's workbooks.




Here is what I liked about Grapevine Studies...
- The thoroughness of the study
-Being able to do it together with a 8 and 13 year old
-I don't have to be a great artist to join in!
-The memory verses
-Little prep time for mom
-The timeline will be a great keepsake to help us remember the Resurrection





There are many other topical or overview studies from which you can chose...
Birth of John to Jesus' Ministry {Grapevine Studies Review}
Which of these interest you?
When we are finished this study, I've been thinking of doing the Biblical Feasts study.


Click here to see a catalog and the prices.


Grapevine Studies Social Media:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrapevineStudies/


Birth of John to Jesus' Ministry {Grapevine Studies Review}

Crew Disclaimer


1 comment:

grtlyblesd said...

Oh, I really like the look of them comb bound! I might have to try that next time. Much easier than a section in the kids' big binders.