Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Artventure {Review}



My kids both love to draw, I'm no artist so I'm not much help.  We have drawing books, but really to have an actual teacher drawing along with you and showing you what to do is so much more helpful.  When Historicool Magazine asked me if I'd like to review Artventure, I was so excited to have a teacher that could teach my kids how to draw something besides stick figures.  We had watched one of the free video lessons awhile back, but I had never really taken the time to look around and see what else they had to offer.

We were given a year's subscription and asked to review the video lesson for the Nellie Bly Vintage Stamp (I'll share about that in just a  moment).  We had access before this video was actually published, and my kids spent hours...literally hours doing the art lessons.  I'm so glad I keep extra paints and brushes on hand.  Kirsty is a wonderful teacher!  I was so impressed with their drawings and paintings.  Maybe it's just me because I'm their mum, but here, let me show you some of their artwork.  By the way, I'm working on getting some of these framed for our new! homeschool room.





Artventure has 200 video lessons from you to chose from.  There is a search box so you can find what you're looking for, and there is even an option to click "done" so you can see which ones you have finished.

Kirsty gives easy step-by-step instructions for your child to follow.

Historicool is a fun magazine that my family really enjoys.  Historicool is joining forces with Artventure to bring great art projects with a historical theme.  In the February/March 2016 issue they are featuring a vintage postage stamp of Nellie Bly to commemorate her journey around the world.

You can click here to watch the video (for FREE!) and follow the step-by-step instructions and make this fun art project.  Each video is given a level of difficulty.  This is given a 4 out of 5.  My 13 year old daughter decided to take on the challenge.



Here is her painting of the postage stamp.



Kirsty just published her 200th video lesson and it's a fun one!  Your kids will have hours and hours of fun drawing and painting.  If you have are in homeschool group, there is a great special, check it out here.

By the way, if you're looking for a fun magazine for your kids, I highly recommend Historicool.  It's like Horrible Histories and National Geographic mashed together.



No comments: