Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Maestro Classics {TOS Review}

logo
"Music Makes Children Smarter!"

As many of you know, I am part of the Schoolhouse Review Crew.  I've had the privilege to review some great products for our homeschool.  I love adding extra educational, yet fun things to our regular school day.  We recently had the opportunity to do a review for Maestro Classics.  We were given digital downloads of My Name is Handel: The Story Of Water Music and Casey at the Bat.

Sadly my kids are not that familiar with classical music.  Maestro Classics was a great way to introduce them to some great classical music.  Last December my husband and I went and heard Handel's Messiah performed by the Darwin Symphony Orchestra.  I absolutely loved it.






Maestro Classics Review
Total duration - 48:45 minutes.  Geared for ages 5 and up.

In My Name is Handel: The Story Of Water Music, we learned about George Fredric Handel and how he needed to get back into the King's favour.  Throughout the story you will hear some of Handel's music.  I really don't know why I don't listen to this classical music more.  It so beautiful.


The cd shares the music, the story behind the song, the story behind the music, and a few other tracks that we enjoyed.

Maestro Classics Review
Total duration - 35 minutes.  Geared for all ages.

I thought Cody would be more interested in Casey at the Bat, but we don't have baseball here in Australia (or at least not to the degree of America), so some of the terms went over his head, such as "single," 'strike," and "struck out".  After listening it to the first time, I explained some basic baseball rules and we listened to it again.  Now I hear him saying things from the poem like "that's ain't my style!".  I love the little story behind the poem.  (This works for history!)  There are many other fun things on the cd.

We were given a fun booklet to go along with each cd.  These had little activities for the kids to do, like dot-to-dot, a copy of the poem, sheet music, a crossword puzzle, and more.


Like my last review, we are enjoying listening to audio stories.  I'm trying to incorporate it into our afternoons.


Check out the educational page that includes curriculum guides, sheet music, home projects (cooking, crafts, etc.), and more!  For homeschoolers there is a special page for you with curriculum guides for each cd and how you can incorporate it into several subjects.

Maestro Classics has a collection of 11 CDs for $186.78:  Peter and the Wolf, The Story of Swan Lake, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, My Name is Handel, Casey at the Bat, Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel, The Tortoise and the Hare, Juanita the Spanish Lobster, Carnival of the Animals, Juanita la langosta española and The Soldier's Tale.

We enjoyed listening to these cds.  I do feel they are a bit pricey, especially since I would love all of them, but they are great quality and very well done.  If you are looking to introduce classical music to your children in a fun, easy, enjoyable way, I highly recommend Maestro Classics.


CD's are available for $16.98 and digital downloads are $9.98.

Here are the social media links for Maestro Classics:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MaestroClassics
Twitter: http://twitter.com/MaestroClassics
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/maestroclassics/

Click to read Crew Reviews

Crew Disclaimer


No comments: