Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Homeschool Adventure, Co. {TOS Review}

Home School Adventure Co.
We recently had the opportunity to review Philippians in 28 Weeks for Home School Adventure, Co.  Philippians is my favourite book of the Bible, so I was thrilled to be given the opportunity to do this review.  Philippians in 28 Weeks is available in KJV and ESV.  We prefer the KJV, so we reviewed the PDF version of Philippians in 28 Weeks KJV.  (The complete PDF is not available just yet in the KJV to purchase, but I'm told it will be very soon.)





Philippians in 28 Weeks
This study will help you memorize the entire books of Philippians in 28 weeks.  Yes, memorize the entire book, all 4 chapters.  Just remember it's only an aide, you still need to do some work!

There are five basic steps to help you do this:
1.  Read - you read the book of Philippians every day for the 28 weeks.  To me, this alone is a major part in the memorizing process.
2.  Record - you will write out several verses each day.  I love writing out Scripture.  I highly recommend using Scripture as your writing program.  We've been doing it for years.
3.  Repeat -  go over the verses again and again.  This is where the memory cards come handy.
4.  Review - practice does make perfect!
5.  Recite - you're encouraged to recite the verses that you've memorized once a week.

The complete print edition included memory cards, which I just love.  You can take them with you to read while waiting at the doctor's office, in line at the grocery store, or even just before bed.  Whatever you prefer.   I laminated mine to make them last longer.

This was recommended for ages 9-11 (with parental guidance), older ages could do it independently.  My daughter who is 11 used this product.  She is quite familiar was Scripture memory and writing out Scripture, so it was not new for her, and she was able to do most of it independently.  I also had my son (who is 6) write out verses.

Our first subject on school mornings is the Bible.  I was having Autumn read through the book of Luke, but we took a break to work on Philippians.  Each morning she would read through Philippians.  It does take some time (maybe 15 minutes), so we would take turn reading verses.  She then wrote out the Scripture verses for the day, did the summary, or answered the reflection questions regarding what Scripture she's wrote out that week.  There is also a page to help keep a log each day.

I memorized most of Philippians a year or two ago, so this was a good refresher.  Autumn is still struggling to memorize, but I haven't been as focused with her as I would've liked.  We have been on school holidays the past two weeks, but next week I plan to get her back on track and continue helping her memorize the entire book of Philippians.  I know she can do it.  If you would like to see the entire book quoted from memory, click here and scroll down to the bottom.

If you are looking for a good Bible study for your homeschool, I'd recommend this one.  It's more of a Bible memory program, but there are discussion questions at the end of each week.  Plus you can have your child look up unfamiliar words and do word studies to add to the program, but you may find what they offer to be enough.

I don't like to copy and paste from the company I am reviewing.  I like the words to be my own, but I just loved this so much:
"The Bible is banned in many countries. Countless believers have sacrificed their freedom—
and many, their lives—to spread the message of God’s love and salvation
contained within its pages. Are we exercising our freedom responsibly?"

I pray I will never take for granted the freedoms we have to read God's Word.  I want to hide His Word in my heart.  There may come a day where we don't have the religious freedoms, and all I'll have is what is memorized.

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart,
that I might not sin against thee."
Psalm 199:11


The complete print edition is $28.95.  If you prefer to print it off yourself it will only cost $14.95.

Here are some other studies Home School Adventure, Co. have to offer...
 HSA Covers

As a special treat for you, Home School Adventure, Co. is offering a 10% discount if you use the code in the box below.  It expires on May 15th.
Home School Adventure Co.

The social media links for Home School Adventure Co: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HomeSchoolAdventureCo
Twitter: http://twitter.com/HomeSchoolAdven
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/HomeSchoolAdven
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/115241518288669984312/+Homeschooladventure/
Instagram: http://instagram.com/HomeSchoolAdven
Crew Disclaimer

Click to read Crew Reviews
Sorry for not including my own photos, but blogger isn't letting me upload.
I can only copy and paste.  Anyone have a solution?


No comments: