Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Living and Active

Peak313.com
 
Since the beginning of August I have started exercising...again.  It's a love/hate relationship.  (As I typed relationship I wrote restaurant!  haha!)  Anyway, I am going back to America in October and I would really like to lose some weight before I go back.  I never write on my blog about dieting and exercise, because well, it's not an area in my life that I excel at. 
 
I've gotten a little more into a routine, and would like to make this a habit.  Every week day from 1pm-2pm we have room time at our house.  The kids go to their rooms, and I go to mine. I try to take the first 30 minutes to exercise and the second 30 minutes to rest and read my Bible.  So far this is really working for me.  The kids know not to come out of their room or I add 10 minutes to room time (which I secretly love).
 
So, anyway, I am joining the Living and Active 5 Week Challenge at peak313.com.  This will take me to the week before I leave for America.  Ahhhh!  I have 5 weeks?!!  I haven't even purchased plane tickets. 
 
I like adding the spiritual aspect of this and memorizing the Scripture.  When it comes down to it, our bodies are the temple of the Lord, and we ought to take better care of it physically and spiritually.

By the way it's Monday evening here in Australia as I write this and I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred this afternoon.  I'm off to a great start!
 


No comments: