Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

My little man's shenanigans...



My little man has been sick since yesterday.  When I say sick, I don't count a runny nose as sick.  I guess I consider my kids sick when they are coughing a lot or puking.  My kids don't get sick too often.  In fact, I can't remember the last time Autumn was sick.  

Anyway,  Cody has had a runny nose for a few days, but he woke up this more coughing.  Cody stopped napping last summer when we were living on the Navajo reservation.  We were just too busy, so naps didn't happen.  So, for Cody to nap, it means he's sick.

Although he's been sick, that hasn't stopped him from getting into EVERYTHING.  Seriously, I can't turn my head for a second.  I thought I'd write out some of the things he has gotten into just the past few days.  I may need this list one day when he's older. 

Shenanigans, noun.
1.  mischief, prankiness,
  • He keeps taking the mattress off his bed.  I really have no idea why.  He keeps getting into trouble for it, but he keeps doing it.  I'm trying to figure out if he's trying to make a fort or something.
  • Emptying the dog food bowl all around the house, so our dog can "eat there when he's hungry".  Like in our hallway, by the front door, beside the couch, in his bed.  I guess Cody is just trying to help the dog out.
  • He dumped his rice bucket all over his bedroom floor.  I filled a little bucket up part way for him to play with his little dumpster trucks.  Normally he plays with it on the kitchen floor or outside, but he snuck it back to his bedroom.
  • Took spaghetti in his bedroom.  We have a big rule of no food in the bedrooms.
  • He sprayed down his bicycle with WD-40.
  • Got into our bathroom and sprayed himself down with hairspray.
  • Also while in our bathroom, got into Patrick's hair gel and smeared it all over himself and the counter.
  • He pulls out the bottom drawer of our dresser and climbs to the top to get into my jewelry box.  Again, no idea why.
This list could probably go on, but it's all I can remember at the moment.

I thought I'd also share some of his cute sayings.
  • "I want my teeth to fall out so I can get some money.
  • Cody lifted Patrick's shirt the other night and said, "I want hair on my belly when I grow up."
  • I found Cody in our bathroom lifting up his shirt trying to apply deodorant.  When I asked him what he was doing he said, "Daddy does it.  I want to be like daddy."
  • He likes to tell people, "You're my best friend."
  • Or when he's in trouble, "I'm really, really sorry."  Because just one really apparently isn't enough.
Again, the list could go on, but it's all I can remember at the moment.  I need to write this stuff down more often!  Uh, oh, he's up from his nap, let the chaos begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very curious little boy. Needs lots of messy projects to stay busy! You probably have lots of ideas but Pinterest is great for finding preschool sensory activities. If you haven't already, you might want to secure your dresser to the wall. Kids have pulled them over on themselves by climbing them and been seriously injured. Hoping you both get some rest!