Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Monthly Menu

I've been asked by a few of you to see my monthly menu that I mentioned yesterday.  It has taken me years to finally come up with a monthly menu.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe it's because we're finally settled, and it's a matter of necessity now.  The monthly menu is a huge help in grocery shopping.  I try to shop for two weeks at a time (so 2x a month).  At the beginning of the month, I write out two weeks worth of meals, then make the grocery list accordingly.  So here is my list of 25 meals.

Sunday Crockpot Meals
(we often invite people home after church, so I like the food to be ready)
Pot roast, potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions
Ham, au gratin potatoes (in oven), and green beans
Slippery chicken pot pie (put noodles in when we get home from church)
Pork & sauerkraut

Weekday Meals
Beef Stew (made from leftovers from pot roast)
Outback steaks, baked potatoes, asparagus
Burgers & roasted potatoes
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn
Stuffed cabbage
Tacos & Fajitas
Beef stir fry
Chicken stir fry 
Chicken tenders & mac-n-cheese
Chicken parmesan & pasta
Italian chicken, rice, and broccoli
Grilled chicken, rice, and snow peas
Homemade pizza
Spaghetti & garlic bread
Lasagna & garlic bread
Baked ziti
Meatball subs & chips
Asian pork chops, rice, and green beans
Grilled cheese & tomato soup (normally when Patrick is away)
Chili (crockpot)
Corned beef & cabbage (crockpot)


So, that's my monthly menu.  It's very expensive to eat out here in Australia, so that's a rare treat.  Occaisionally on Tuesday evenings (like tonight) we order from Dominos.  They have Tuesday specials and you can get pizzas for $4.90.

I'm sure you have meals you can add to my list, and I'm always looking for ideas.  I'd love for you to leave a comment with some meal ideas.

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Thanks for the list of meals. It gives me some more ideas of what to cook. We also have Chicken Ceasar Wraps, Salisbury steak (made with hamburger)with baked potatoes and corn, and fried fish(We like Red Snapper) with "chips" (homemade french fries). Do they call french fries chips there in Australia too?

roz said...

I enjoyed the meal suggestions. Some of our favorites include crockpot stuffed pepper soup (comfy in the ktichen), chicken chili (peak fitness 313), and cheeseburger soup (all recipes).