Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Back to School...already?

Not Back to School Blog Hop

After much thought and research and prayer, I think I finally have our fall curriculum decided on...now to start buying it! 


Preschool (Cody, age 3)
- Answers in Genesis Preschool Curriculum


Grade 4 (Autumn, age 8)
- Math - Abeka
- Language - Abeka
History - Abeka (but may also try the Mystery of History)
- Science - Apologia
- Spelling - School of Tomorrow (this is a first for us, I don't like Abeka's spelling)
- Bible Reading - School of Tomorrow (looks like fun)
- Literature - School of Tomorrow (another first, I did this when I was in school, so I wanted Autumn to try it)
- Art/Writing - Draw, Write, Now


I'm still trying to decide when to start.  If your vis*as are approved we will wait until January and begin with the Australian school year (they school year round).  If we don't hear anything, I will probably start some of the School of tomorrow courses, and just keep praying I'm making the right decision by holding off!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Is School of Tomorow and ACE curriculum? I grew up in an ACE school many moons ago!
Thanks for sharing your list!

Be Thou Exalted said...

Yes, ACE and School of Tomorrow are the same. I went to an ACE school, too!

Thia said...

Do you mind me asking what you don't like about Abeka spelling? We're starting that this year. I haven't seen many reviews of it though.

Jessica Curtis said...

Always interested in reading what other moms are using....thanks for sharing. :)