Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Goose Egg...or you could say, Ouchie!

This afternoon we were outside watching daddy play in the dirt (he was finishing up an awesome flower garden he created).   Patrick went to dump some trash in the dumpster, and since the kids were playing nicely I ran inside to use the restroom (if you must know).  Before I even stepped into the house I heard that scream that all moms dread.  Then I heard my daughter yell "MOM!".  I knew it wasn't good.  When I ran down I saw Cody had a huge goose egg that was growing larger by the second.

This photo was taken about 10 minutes after it happened...
He only cried for a minute or two after it happened and then when I first pulled out the camera.  I love this photo (below).  I think he's saying "Mom, put the camera down.  I don't need to be reminded of this when I have children."



Marley was giving him kisses to make it feel better! 
My daughter didn't see what happened.  She thought maybe he fell and hit the wheelbarrel, but we're just not sure.

Depending on the angle it looks huge or like just a bruise.  I did take him to the doctors just to be on the safe side.  The doctor reassured me it was good that I brought him in to see her.  She said it's possible that he'll have a black and blue eye in the morning as well.  She also said he may have a possible skull fracture, but with the huge knot it was hard to tell. 

Cody continued playing all night, running around, jumping off things, climbing things...basically being a boy.   I'm pretty sure he'll be alright, but this is definitely one for the scrapbooks!


and then, she {snapped}
I was planning to blog today about our trip to Colonial Williamsburg, but I'll do that tomorrow!  This momma needs a break!


1 comment:

Susanne said...

Wow! That is quite a bump!! I give you props for not rushing off to the ER though. I wouldn't have either... :)