Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

9/11...5/1

I've mentioned before where I was during the September 11th attacks.  It still brings me to tears when I think about it.  Our country will never be the same.  Yesterday our President announced that they killed Usama bin Laden.  Mark Twain said, "I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure".

"This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001. The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done." -President George W. Bush.  Well said.

Someone on Facebook posted this last night:  "Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:" -Proverbs 24:17  It was a reminder that although "justice was served", Usama bin Laden is now in hell, and so will everyone else who rejects God's love for us, Jesus Christ.  How can we rejoice in that?

No comments: