Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Loving my Husband, Respecting my Husband

A friend of mine loaned me a book, Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.  What an eye opener.  I feel that my husband and I have a pretty good marriage.  Don't get me wrong, we have our moments, but I think we found our niche.  (In May we'll be celebrating our 12th anniversary.)  I'm learning so much from this book.  I'm only 1/3 of the way through the book.  I'm trying to take my time and ponder all of it. 

The basis is this - women crave love, men crave respect.  Simple, huh?  Well, I've been showering my husband with love because that's what I want.  I'm working on respecting him, his thoughts, his dreams, and his wishes, AND keeping my mouth shut.  I'm learning that I don't always need to give him my opinion.  I wish I had read this book before I was married or even as a newlywed.

I believe the Lord is really wanting me to work on my marriage and my relationship with my children.  Around the end of 2010 I came across some new blogs.  They all focus on being a godly wife and mother.  I shared some before, but I'd like to share them again.  They have been very encouraging.



Raising Homemakers



God has been working in my life, and I'm so thankful.  This year I really wanted to simplify things.  I'm working on that, too.  I want my life to be a testimony to others that God is all I need.

What great blogs are you reading that encourage and inspire you to live a more godly life?

4 comments:

Paula said...

This is so true! I'll have to check that book out...do you own it or is it on loan?

Be Thou Exalted said...

It on load from a friend. I plan to buy it though.

Amy said...

That is on my list to read... I am working through Cracking the Communication Code by the same Dr. Great book so I'm expecting Love & Respect to be the same!

Far Above Rubies said...

Jen, this is so true. Men do crave respect, but we tend to give love.

God is so faithful to remind us of truth.

Thank you for linking up to Domestically Divine. Love having you with us.

God bless,

Jasmine