Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Reading...I like to read...


...correction, I love to read. It's my desire to pass this love of books onto my children. Autumn is starting to get the reading bug and Cody loves to sit on my lap and let me read to him. Reading that takes you to faraway places are my favorite. Here is my next read...
We helped in a Vacation Bible School a few weeks ago, and my husband told the story of John G. Paton. I've never read his biography, and last night some dear friends gave us their copy of Missionary Patriarch, John G. Paton. I really can't wait to get started.

I'm not a big fan of fiction (please no hate mail). But my personal opinion is why read fiction when there are so many great nonfiction books out there? The only fiction series I've read that I really enjoyed is the Elsie Dinsmore series (the older ones, not the recently rewritten ones). And I highlly recommend these to young teens. I even bought a set for my daughter to read when she's a little older.

I'm almost finished reading "The Mission of Motherhood" by Sally Clarkson. It was a really good book, and I'll post a review soon.

So, what are you reading? What books do you recommend?

Check out what others are reading at Life As Mom.

1 comment:

Chris and Carole said...

I love to read too... I prefer true, missioanry stories, but I'm not against a good fiction read, either. ;-)

I just finished "Ann of Ava" and now I'm reading "To the Golden Shore" both of these are about Adoniram and Ann Judson. Good enough to get your missionary juices flowing. :-)