Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

To Live is Christ by Beth Moore


My first book of the New Year! One of the reasons I chose to read this book is because I'm going to hear Beth Moore speak in April, and I've never read anything by her, and thought I should. The reason I chose this book in particular is because it's on the life of the Apostle Paul.

This book was very easy to read and interesting. Obviously it's Beth Moore's take on what she thought happened when the Scriptures aren't clear, but I thought it was excellent. The chapters are short, which helps when you only have a few minutes to read each day.

I also like that she encourages you to read the Scripture passages that she's talking about. There's so much to learn about Paul that I never even thought of before. I kind of thought of him as a man that was a bit rough around the edges, but after reading the book I now see Paul as a man full of compassion for the lost.

I really encourage you to read this. My next book is about this photo. After I finish that book, I'll be reading Praying God's Word by Beth Moore. It's been highly recommended by a good friend. So, what are you reading?

No comments: