Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

It's Been One of those Days

Today has been one of those days where I feel like a failure. A failure as a mom, as a wife, as a sister, as a daughter, and as a child of God. When I have these days I realize I find every fault in myself, and only make it worse. "The only two people invited to a pity party is myself and the devil." I heard that quote in Bible college and I can't get over how true it is. This is the first I've had time to sit and dwell on my day, and I don't like how I responded to certain situations. Instead of giving to God, I took it into my own hands and failed...miserably. So, as always when I'm feeling overwhelmed, I dwell on this verse:


"From the ends of the earth will I cry unto thee,
when my heart is overwhelmed:
lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
Psalm 61:2

No comments: